Chia Seed Pudding
Advanced and Core Plan-Approved, Raw, Vegan, Serves 6-8
This is a great go-to recipe. It is fabulous because it is raw and contains chia seeds which are very nutritious because they are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and fiber. When mixed with liquid, they plump giving the mixture a tapioca-like consistency. This recipe is extremely versatile as well, you can literally add just about anything to it an top it with, including your favorite fruits, nuts, seeds or coconut.
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 cups almond mil
- 2 vanilla beans (split down the center and seeds removed) or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6-8 tablespoons erythritol (like Swerve) or stevia to taste (pure stevia, about 1/2 teaspoon to start and add more if desired. If spoonable stevia — start with 2 teaspoons and add from there. If liquid stevia — start with 1 teaspoon and add from there)
- Add almond milk, vanilla, and sweetener to a blender and mix well.
- With the blender on a very low setting, add the chia seeds and mix. If you would like to add other ingredients, do it here.
- Transfer to a container and stir every 5 minutes for the first 15 minutes then let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Transfer to the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, add toppings.
Berries, nuts, seeds, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa, cocoa nibs, goji berries, apples, maple extract, lemon or lemon extract, kiwi, or anything of your other favorites.