Oven Baked Pesto Chicken
Recipe provided by Kimberly Roberto, co-author of Maximized Living Nutrition Plans.
A quick and easy dinner recipe with tremendous flavor! Great for both family dinner or dinner parties.
- 1 pound organic chicken breasts
- 1-2 tablespoons of pesto sauce per breast (homemade or storebought. Make sure that they use olive oil and not any damaged oils that are outlined in the Maximized Living Nutrition Plans book)
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- shaved parmesan cheese, optional
- sliced black olives, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Trim any excess fat from the chicken and place between pieces of parchment paper. Pound chicken to even thickness (approximately 1/2 inch) with a meat mallet. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and transfer to a baking dish. (General cooking hint: you want the chicken to fit snugly for best cooking – you do not want a lot of extra space in the pan)
Spread pesto sauce over the top of the chicken breasts and cook for about 20 minutes than add the sliced tomatoes and parmesan cheese if desired. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through (about 15-20 additional minutes). Add slices olives as garnish if desired, and serve.